Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Realizations


After babysitting about a week ago, I realized something. I love these little kids that I babysat, but I came home frustrated. It started when I knocked on the door. I could hear yelling and screaming coming from the other side of the door, "Yay, Chelsey's here!" That made me feel proud. The kids that I babysit like me to come! I figured that if the kids are excited that I was there, the four hours would go by pretty quick. Boy was I wrong! Their parent's ordered pizza from Little Caesars Pizza, personally I don't care for Little Caesars, so I was just going to let the kids eat it. With the pizza, they ordered Crazy Bread, otherwise known as breadsticks. The youngest wanted one, so he brought the whole package of Crazy Bread to the table... where the pets could get it. After each of the kids got one we all went into the living room, where the kids decided that they wanted to watch a movie. I was fine with that, because we had already done the crafts that I had brought over. After a minute of searching for a movie, the youngest walked over to me holding the Crazy Bread package, it was empty! There must have been at least six pieces of Crazy Bread in there before the dog got ahold of it. He (the youngest) seemed upset, I was more worried about the dog, considering that if the Crazy Bread went right through him, I would have to clean it up. This all happened in the first hour. During the second hour, we watched a movie. That was a nice hour and a half. For the next half hour, the kids wanted to do crafts, so I pulled out what was left of the paper that I had brought over. The did crafts for a while, but according to the youngest, "Craft" means cut-up-paper-and-make-a-mess. So I picked up after him for that half hour. After that, the little girl said that she needed to go to the bathroom, so she left the room. The youngest started doing the pee-pee dance. So I asked him if he needed to go potty, at first he said no, then two seconds later, he said yes and ran into another bathroom. Both the kids were in the bathroom for about ten minutes. I started to hear the toilet flush, I asked the little boy if he needed help, he said no, so I figured I'd let him be alone for another minute. After hearing the toilet flush three more times I went into the bathroom, where he gladly exclaimed, "I have Poop on my Butt!" Aside from his choice of words, I was taken by the smell of things, and the look of things. I asked him if I could help him finish cleaning up, he nodded his head. Apparently I wasn't supposed to use toilet paper, and I was supposed to use his wipes, but because it was me, and my luck the wipes were gone! So that was that, after hunting the house for twenty minutes for his wipes, I decided to clean him up as best I could with the toilet paper, not much luck, so I gave him a bath. After I got him all dry and cleaned up, we went into the play room, where they wanted me to be the bad guy and they be superheroes. I didn't really like that idea, but I went along with it. They were bouncing off the walls, and were being really hyper. I was getting really frustrated by that point, and to make everything worse, the dog went loco. He was jumping on the kids, and me, and pretty much everything else. Then the dog got in a fight with their cat. The kids and I stayed in the playroom where they started to swing on the drapes. I didn't think things could get worse, but luckily fate stepped in and their parents came home. They gave me a ride home, I was glad to get that four hours over with. I walked into my house, my dear sweet mother had dinner all ready for me. I was relieved to be done with babysitting until the next morning. My mom, Kylie, and Sydnee were playing Mexican Train (a game with dominoes). They were watching "Father of the Bride Part II". It was the end part after Nina and Annie have their babies. After Babysitting, I wasn't happy towards little kids, and didn't know if I really wanted kids of my own some day... deep inside I knew that I did, but I was still really frustrated with these little kids. But after watching the part with George holding both of the babies, I knew that I really wanted to be a mom someday, and I knew that I would be able to put up with the accidents, dirty diapers, and the messes that little kids make.
After dinner Kylie, Sydnee, and my mom were playing Mexican Train again. I was wondering how a family was supposed to look after all the kids grew older than the age of five. Sydnee was struggling, so my mom went over to help her, they probably thought nothing of it, but it hit me in a different light. I know that my family isn't perfect compared to some, but my family is perfect when I have any say in it.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Sorry i have nothing much to say i mean ummmmm Sorry....