Saturday, June 5, 2010

Girl's Camp

Yesterday I got back from my 3rd year of girl's camp. It was a lot of fun. Instead of sleeping in tents, we got to sleep in cabins! They were really nice, and I had a great cabin, except for one person... but I'm not going to mention names. Anyway, we had a blast, when it wasn't raining. Luckily it only rained for the first day. The food wasn't all that great, but there was tons of it. A lot of the girls got sick, but neither Kylie or I did. Oh, which reminds me, it was Kylie's first year at girl's camp. We didn't get in the same cabin :( but we bot got in with some of our friends. I got in with, Kaitlan, Micajah, Hailee, Chanelle, Ashlee, Bailee B., Linsey, McKenna, Brinley, Kaeli, Alexa, Megan, and Andrea, and another girl that I didn't know until after camp, her name was Kat. Andrea isn't exactly a friend, but somehow she ended up in our cabin. Megan wasn't originally in my cabin, but all her friends were in my cabin, so she talked to the stake leaders and they let her switch. Stacy and Tay didn't get in my cabin, but the did everything with our cabin, except for sleeping. Kylie got her best friend, Emeree in her cabin. It's sad, because this was Emeree's first girl's camp, and her last, they're moving in just a couple weeks. :( You're Awesome Eme!!! Anyway, along with Emeree, Kylie's friend, Shaley got in the cabin too. They had a lot of fun, their cabin was always messy, and all the girls were hyper... including her youth leaders.
We had some funny things happen to us up there, starting with the fact that we broke the rules, and decided to prank the cabin next to us. Kaitlan brought up some Halloween Masks, and she and Megan put them on and went into the cabin next door. None of the girls were expecting it, so they really scared them. But they decided to get revenge on us, and the next day when we got back from the lake, our stuff was hanging from the flagpole. It was pretty funny, and we didn't make a big deal of it.
Anyway, the lake was really fun, we had a great time canoeing. Two canoes tipped over, luckily it wasn't anyone that I know personally. But my group did really good, we caught on pretty quick. Too bad McKenna didn't get to do it with us, she threw up three times then night before. She was moved to the "sick" cabin, and then taken home.
Testimony Meeting was amazing, as was the faith walk. I had a great time with both of them. I even got a hug from a girl, that I was positive hated me. The Miracles of Girl's camp! :) We talked, and neither of gave, or got dirty looks from the other... if that made any sense at all. :) I had a great time at camp, but it's really nice to be home.

1 comment:

brinley said...

Our cabin was awesome haha i had a blast!