Thursday, September 30, 2010

My New Boyfriend

You read the title, and now you're probably wondering, "What is she talking about?" No, I don't really have a boyfriend. It's a long story, but it's pretty funny all at the same time. 
So for student council, we decided that we're going to make videos about each school rule, because every day on announcements, we have a rule of the day. Well, hardly anyone ever watches announcements, so we thought we'd make it more amusing by putting a video on there, about the rule of the day. We decided that the first video we made was going to be on the rule, "PDA" or Public Displays of Affection. My friend, Kason and I got talked into being the ones that break the rule, and get in trouble by the "PDA Patrol". Well, we make complete idiots out of ourselves, being super cheesy. We yell each other's names and run towards each other, in slow motion. We grab hands and start spinning in a circle. It's really corny. We let go of hands, and go to give each other a hug, and the "PDA Patrol" grabs our backpacks and pulls us away. They explain why PDA is a rule, and what we were doing wrong. 
Well, We played that on announcements, and I was embarrassed, because I was so corny, and looked like a total idiot. Now, all the guys at my school look at me like I'm from another planet (I can't date, and now I don't even have to worry about being asked. No guy in his right mind would want to go out with me, after that little expedition.) Anyway, we didn't play it today, we played it yesterday, and there were a few things we needed to fix on it, so we didn't want to play it again. 
I get to my Spanish class, and the first thing the kid who sits next to me says is, "So, you and Kason are going out?" Instantly, everybody else sitting around me starts asking questions, like how long we've been going out, or when we had our first kiss, just things like that. (The answers to those questions are: 1: We're not going out, 2: We've never kissed. I kissed him when we were 6, but that's irrelevant... it was totally posed for a picture). So, now everybody in the school thinks that I; the girl that has a reputation for not liking guys and not dating; now has a girlfriend. 
It's so awkward, because people have been asking him the same thing. When I say that we're not going out, without another thought, they ask if I want to go out with him, or if I like him. They say that they know that he likes me, but I just like him as a friend. I really don't want a boyfriend right now. "A" I don't exactly have time, "B" I don't want to have a boyfriend "C" There's no point.

No comments: