Christmas brings new memories every year. I have so many wonderful memories from Christmas in years past.
We always go to my grandma's house to have Christmas eve dinner/breakfast. We've been doing that since before I can remember. When I was six years old, we were having our usual Christmas eve meal, and I wanted orange juice. I didn't know that before you drink orange juice, you have to shake it, so I took the lid off and pulled the paper tab off as well. It was too heavy for me to pour at age six, so I asked my mom to help me pour it. Not realizing that the lid was off, my mom took the carton, and began shaking it. Much to her surprise and my misfortune, orange juice went flying. I got a bath of orange juice: yummy but sticky! Another year, I remember that my grandma had some candles and a Christmas decoration made out of really thin wood. I knocked it down and ofcourse, it fell into the candle. That was a rough Christmas eve, because later, after we had read the story of baby Jesus, in the bible, I tried to go outside, but the screen door was closed... I think I was more embarrassed than anything. About five years ago, my sisters wanted to ride on the polar express. My mom didn't know how to do that one, but she was able to get tickets, so she gave them to us, and we were set to ride the polar express. I remember waking up and sobbing, because I didn't get to ride it. Pretty sad for a nine year old... But it was s good Christmas anyhow. Last year my family spent Christmas in Albuquerque, we spent it with my cousins, Olivia, Sophia, and Luccia. It was a lot of fun. What are your favorite Christmas memories?
No comments:
Post a Comment