Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It really was a bad hair day... but a really great day!

So, my hair didn't turn out how I wanted it to, so I don't think a picture will make it onto my blog. Let's face it, my hair just isn't the kind of hair that will curl. It looks nice straight, I guess I'm just going to have to find some other way to do my air that looks good :) ha ha...
Today was a fun day though, we ended up going to the mall for a little while, and then I hung out with my friend, Asheley from my dance group. We danced for hours... she is so awesome! She's so close to being en Pointe... so exciting! I know how she feels, especially because I was in her shoes just a couple months ago. Water levels are insane!!! The Virgin River is up so high... it's definitely not the "Virgin Pee-trickle" anymore... inside joke, different story, for a different time... ha ha! Anyway, after friends went home, we went over to my grandma's house for a Tuesday family night, it was so fun! When we got there, the lights were all off, and my grandma had lanterns. She said that we were going back to the year 1912, when her dad was in school. She read a story about when her dad was in school, and their Christmas traditions, and it was a lot of fun! They would have a gathering and have a Christmas pageant of some sort every year. So, my grandma had my sisters and I put together a Christmas play. We each got props and did a mini version of our favorite Christmas story, Sydnee did hers on the book, The Last Straw, Kylie did hers on How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and I did mine on the Nutcracker. I had my tutu, and ballet shoes, and all the ballerina stuff, and it was a lot of fun! We had sandwiches, and hot chocolate (the hot chocolate was in place of coffee). We really did have a great time... Our next Christmas tradition coming up will be our Christmas Eve breakfast for dinner... yummy!!! Tomorrow should be a great day too! I'm going birthday shopping with my grandma!!! Can't wait!

No comments: