I had a funny little experience in dance tonight that made me realize that I live in a fairly warm climate, even when it is winter.
I help teach a class of girls who are between 4 and 6 years old. They're super cute and very hyper.
One of the little stretches we do, is a pizza. All the girls sit in a circle and say any item that typically wouldn't go on a pizza, for example, Santa claus, toenails, snowman, etc. Well it was my turn, and I was feeling all Christmasy, so I said that I was putting icesickles on my pizza. I got about 13 looks of confusion, and one of them got up the courage to ask, " what's an icesickle?" I realize that oboe of these girls had ever seen an icesickle down here. The teacher explained what it was, but they were still kind of confused, I'm sure they all went home asking their mommies what an icesickle is and where they grow :)
No comments:
Post a Comment