Tuesday, July 19, 2011

And then there were four...ty one

Forty-one... The number of surgeries I have had, as of today. Around nine this morning, I went in for my 41st surgery. It went really well, and the doctor let me come home early! We weren't planning on comin home until tomorrow afternoon, so we surprised my dad and my sisters and came home after my surgery :)
My dad was really excited to see my mom and me. He wasn't expecting us to be the people ringing the doorbell :D Kylie and Sydnee were excited that my mom and I came home early too! And it feels so great laying here on the couch instead of the hospital bed!

I have a funny story I'd like to share with you guys!
When you have surgery, you have to fast, the cutoff time for me was 4:00am. So at 2:30, I decided that I wanted to get one last drink of water. So I went in the kitchen, got a cup of water and went back and laid down. I didn't think I was that exhausted, so I put the cup on my stomach (remember that this cup was full of water). I ended up falling asleep with the cup of water on my stomach. I either moved, or hit the cup, and long story short, I ended up soaking wet! It was so funny!

All in all, the surgery went great, and I'm glad to be home!

No comments: