Monday, July 13, 2009

The Review














I know that it is now July, but I just learned how to put pictures on my blog using my new computer with all the pictures on it. The Review was sooooo much fun. Even though it took place waaayyy back in April I will have the memories to last me forever. It was AMAZING!!! We started by walking out with our escorts. My dad walked out with my sisters and me. We then got all our awards, Kylie got her 6th year award; a very large trophy. I got a 4.0 G.P.A award, and my 8th year award with an even bigger trophy. I had to rush back to the dressing room and change faster than I have ever done in my whole life. Then I rushed back out, I am the teacher's assistant with the 3-4 year old girls. They are sooo cute. They did really good, and they all were so excited to perform. After the little girls I ran back and grabbed by pom-poms. I hurried back out to get in my line, I made it just in time to go on stage and perform my cheer routine. After going off, I saw a couple of girls that weren't in the right costume, the had forgotten something of theirs, or they had gotten them taken by mistake. I saw one of them with their gauntlets on, I realized that I totally spaced putting them on when I ran back to change. I hurried during a two minute dance and slipped them on. I couldn't believe that I forgot my gauntlets. Luckily I had my pom-poms that kind of hid that fact that I wasn't wearing them. I went back on to perform my military dance, to Supermassive Black Hole, the baseball song from Twilight. That dance went splendidly. We had a great time. I even got flat in my LEFT splits!!!!!! We then did our tryout dance! It wasn't the best, but it was fun. After that we all ran upstairs to get into our technique costumes. After going back downstairs and getting in our formations we performed that dance. Then we dashed back upstairs running our hardest, then we changed into our competition uniform and ran back downstairs... (I think by that point some of us were thinking that there should be an elevator.) The competition routine for me was really fun, everything went swimmingly. The competition uniform is my favorite, it's the hot pink one, the technique one is the dress type one. The next routine was the most fun. It was the hip-hop/ partner dance. Sydnee did it with my dad, Kylie did it with a friend, Michael, and I did it with Gavin, my friend and neighbor. When I first asked him, he didn't know, but he decided that he would. We both had tons of fun learning the dance and then performing it (of course Gavin, being a tough football player couldn't admit that he was having a good time). I later found out that even enjoyed learning the dance and getting to perform it, and he said that I could get it in writing. He was really funny about it, at the end each couple/ group had one count of 8 to do anything that they wanted, Gavin wanted to do the chicken dance, so while he did that, I did the cuckoo sign. And get this, he even invited his whole Football team!!! The final salute was amazing, each grade had two counts of eight to do a combination that they made up together. It was so awesome, the 7th graders; my group was/ is the smallest group, so it was really fun to get to know this group, and work with them. I've known these girls for quite a long time, so it was really fun to get some time to choreograph a mini dance with them. I got a bouquet of flowers for being the teacher's assistant. The 9th graders were really rude and bossy, so I wasn't really very sorry to see them graduate and go away from our dance group. I am really excited to be the 9th grader in the spotlight, and there will only be 2 girls in the 9th grade next year, in 2011!! This was one of the best dance review's that I have ever been in. I love my dance group and through this experience I have walked away with more than just some dance, I have more technique, I have learned dedication, and have made tons of friends in this group! I Love to DANCE!!!!

No comments: