Sunday, December 12, 2010

Humbled

A couple of weeks ago, I found one of the best blogs I discovered this blog, when I was looking at a friend's blog. I feel like I was meant to find it. I can relate to it so personally. It's about a couple who live in Idaho, who lost their little girl this summer. She fell into a canal, and passed away one week later. After reading the incredible story of this little girl, Preslee, I cried. Questions flew through my mind. The story of Preslee's last week on earth hits close to home for me.
When I was three years old, I was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis; a genetic disease where the mucus buildup occurs more than in a normal body. The pancreas, sinuses, and lungs are the main targets of this disease. By the time I was three, I had had fifteen surgeries, and now, twelve years later, I will have my 40th surgery in January. Before I was diagnosed, the doctors didn't know what was wrong with me, they said that it was next-to-impossible for me to have Cystic Fibrosis, but they tested me, just to check. The test came back positive. My mom had just had Kylie, so things were tough with a new baby, and a three year old, always staying in the hospital. I almost lost my life when I was three years old, but the doctors were able to treat me quickly, and I pulled through. After hearing the story of little Preslee, I realized how lucky I am to be here today. Had the doctors not pulled off a few miracles, I may not have made it. But the question came to my mind: Why was I given the chance to live, but 18 month old Preslee was taken back to live with her Heavenly Father? I thought about it more, and I realized this: She fulfilled her mission on this earth. My time is yet to come. Preslee has impacted people all over the world with her amazing story, she impacted a fifteen year old girl who didn't realize how fortunate she is. I know that I was meant to find that story. It made me realize that I should be thankful for every breath God gives me, because I don't know when it will be my last.

No comments: