On December 28, 2009, Brooks Call was diagnosed with acute Myeloid leukemia (AML), also known as acute myelogenous leukemia. AML is a very aggressive cancer that starts in the bone marrow and keeps the blood cells from maturing the way they should. Brooks is 15 years old.
Brooks was able to recover from the Cancer, and was in remission for a few months, he would go back in for tests, and they discovered that the Cancer had grown back. After going through Chemo-therapy again, Brooks is doing much better, and we are all so proud of him, and his faith.
When I think that having Cystic Fibrosis and Diabetes is tough, I think of Brooks, and many others who are so strong! I've come to realize that you can't look at the bad in things, when you have a situation like Brooks does. It's never easy, but there is always a light at the end of the tunnel, and several bright moments along the way.

No comments:
Post a Comment