Thursday, August 11, 2011

The PULSE

I know that school is starting on Monday, and that I'm a little behind, on my summer updates, so I'll just share my favorite part of my summer... THE PULSE! 
I had such a great time with my mom and sister, Kylie! We learned so much, and got to meet some pretty awesome people... then there were some not-so-awesome people... but we'll get there. Let's start at the beginning!


Amber Williams, she was on So You Think You Can Dance, I've only seen one episode, and she happened to be my favorite one. We got to the convention center in Vegas, and we were looking at all of the overpriced things that were for sale, and I saw Amber! We asked if we could get a picture, and she was super nice about it! We also got her to sign our shirts we got at the PULSE! She was really nice... and just a random side note, after we took the picture, she said that she has the same shorts that I was wearing in that picture! How cool is that?!?! I thought it was pretty awesome, but almost everything there was awesome!


We were so excited to finally be able to go in! We made sure we were close to the stage, because all of the dancers come out and give high 5's, and it's just really cool! Kylie and I were really lucky, we got to sit on the edge of the stage, while the dancers and choreographers came out! Tyce Diorio (from So You Think You Can Dance) touched Kylie's hand... and well, let's just say that the cutest, and coolest (besides Tyce) touched my hand... that's Wade Robson... the guy who was choreographing and directing concerts for Britney Spears when he was 19 years old!


I love the row of pink shorts! Pink, Black, and zebra print were really popular colors and styles that weekend... me, I was more into the crazy colors (as you can see in my shorts, in the picture with Amber Williams). On the second day, I wore a hot pink shirt with zebra shorts, and on the last day, I wore purple, it was nice, only blending in one of the days... which happened to be the day that hardly anybody else wore zebra, pink, or black, so I kinda lucked out! 


Tyce Diorio: If you've seen So You Think You Can Dance, you know who he is! Let's just say, awesome guy! His dance was so much fun! It was to the song: Walking on Air. He was so nice about pictures and autographs. After giving him my shirt, I told him that he was my favorite, and he asked me my name, and of course, I told him, and on my shirt he put: To Chelsey, Love, Tyce! On everybody else's shirt, he just put his name! I can't even begin to describe how excited I was, plus for the next five minutes, my ego was boosted just a little, then I returned to my normal personality :)

Brian Friedman: Choreographer for Britney Spears. All in all, he was a pretty cool guy. He has some really unique styles, and let me tell you, they are way fun! He was a little bit harder to keep up with, but still, he was a lot of fun. :)


Me, modeling, this totally chic outfit... ha ha just kidding. This was one of those random, here-I-am- take-my-picture, moments :D I was all ready to go dance with Chris Judd :) My mom thought that the colors were a good contrast... what do you think?


Chris Judd: He was a pretty cool guy too! His dance sequence was TONS of fun! He was pretty chill about everything, and I had a great time learning some material from him!


Dave Scott: good ol' Dave... ha ha :) He was so funny! His dances were some of my favorites! His style was easy to catch on to, but it wasn't this super easy genre either. He was definitely all hip hop (as you can probably see by his shirt). This guy choreographed for the movie: Step Up 2: The Streets! I absolutely loved this guy!


Robert Hoffman: Or as every girl in the group but me and Kylie: Robert Hotman... yeah I know, gross! He was a total moron, seriously, he was just plain annoying! His dances were vulgar, and inappropriate. He is definitely an actor. He was in: Step Up 2: The Streets, he played Chase. He was also in Aliens in the Attic, where he played Ricky, and She's the Man, he played Justin. I really didn't love him, but every other girl at the dance convention did... they're all crazy. 


Wade Robson: INCREDIBLE!!! He was a super super nice guy! His dances were so cool! They had a funky, smooth flow to them, and I really liked them. As I mentioned earlier, when he was 19, he choreographed and directed Britney Spears' concert tour... now that's definitely going to score some brownie points with whoever is reading his resume! :) He had a great disposition, and he was really relaxed about everything. I Loved Wade!

This is my group, with the choreographers. On the far Left, right next to the little girl, with the dark hair, and her head on Brian Friedman's, is LaurieAnn Gibson, she choreographs for Lady GaGa! That's huge! Next to her is Brian Friedman, and then Wade Robson. The guy in the black hat behind Wade is Dave Scott, and the Bald guy is Gil Duldualo. His dance was my favorite! He was really funny, and his dance was really easy to learn, and it was fun!

The PULSE was such an incredible experience! I loved every minute of it! While I was in Vegas, I got to go see my Uncle Matt, at the Hard Rock Cafe, where he works, and he gave us a personal tour! The room situation in the hotel wasn't exactly ideal, considering the fact that we had all paid for a suite, and ended up with rooms that housekeeping hadn't even visited that day (gross). The original room that my mom, Kylie, and I were supposed to be in had ceiling tiles missing, and wet paint on the walls. We ended up with a bigger room, as a comp from the hotel, but still, don't stay at the Hilton Convention Center in Las Vegas, unless there really is no other choice.
I Loved spending time with my sister and mom! Vegas is definitely not a place for kids, but we made the best of it. We visited the Vegas Strip both nights we were there, because that's where the Hard Rock Cafe is located, and the strip at night... it's pretty sketchy! I was so glad to be back in Utah, with all of those wonderful memories, and the ability to walk around a store by myself... not that I usually do that, it's just nice to know that if I ever need to, I'm safe :)

No comments: