Tuesday, August 30, 2011

On My Mind

For the Cody Simpson fans, sorry to disappoint, but this post isn't about his song... even though it really is an awesome song. Since school started, I have had a lot on my mind. If my mind were a volcano, it would probably be erupting right about now. Here's a quick rundown of thoughts I've been having... then I'll get to the reason I made this post.

If you don't want to read all of this, please please please at least read the very last paragraph of this post, that is the most important part of this whole blog right now... :) thank you!

~High school: Still not sure how I like it. I really miss the middle school... but DHHS is a really great school... But I had the best freshman year. It ended up better than I had ever imagined it. I need to give it a little time, but I'm sure in a few more weeks, or year or so, I'll get used to it.
~Drill Team: It's going pretty good. We're cleaning our routine for the homecoming game, and it is really starting to come together! I wasn't sure how I was going to like it, but after watching it, I think that it really looks good! It's the perfect homecoming dance!
~Homecoming: Speaking of which... I sorta got asked, which was so hard for me, because I knew that if I got asked, I would have to say no, which would've made me feel so bad. On the night of homecoming, I'm planning on just hanging out with my friends.
~Boys: Senior boys... enough said :) Okay, so the guy I like isn't a senior, but I don't have a boyfriend (because I'm not 16), so I can think that there are some pretty cute guys right? Well, the junior boys are pretty cute too! Anyway, there are a few juniors that I've kind of got my eye on... and well, two, maybe three or four seniors... oh duh, and of course sophomores. I think that there are only two. Anyway, boys boys boys, drama drama drama. But I'm sick of talking about them, and I'm guessing that you're probably sick of my babbling.
~Friends: Old friends, new friends, good friends, great friends! My friends are the best, what more can I say?

~Now to the important stuff:
If you've read earlier posts about Chase (the 3-year old whose wish we sponsored), you'll know that the Make A Wish Foundation holds a special place in my heart. Since May, I've been trying to figure out something that I could do to continue to help these little warriors. After doing the NJHS service project, there have been so many families whose children have been diagnosed with cancer. In my own family, I have family members who are cancer survivors, from my grandpa, to my second cousin. It's not something that is easy to deal with. Only a couple of months ago, a 5-year old cousin of a friend of mine was diagnosed with cancer. He has been such a little trooper. I have absolutely loved learning about his journey, and watching his strength as well as his family's strength grow immensely. Yesterday, I learned of a little girl, living somewhere near where I used to live. Her name is Taleah, she is two and a half years old, and she was recently diagnosed with ALL Leukemia (the same cancer that Chase has). She started her treatments just a couple of days ago, and she is such a cutie!
I realized that these brave kids weren't only sent here to test the faith of them and their families, they were sent here to build strength of those who learn of their stories. They are examples to us, of how we should look at life. When I was three years old, I was very sick. I had had 15 surgeries, and nobody could put a finger on what was going on. I was sent to Phoenix Children's Medical Center, where they discovered five strains of bacteria. They immediately sent me to Primary Children's Medical Center, where I was tested, and then diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis. Since then, I have had 41 surgeries, and every time I go to Primary Children's, I don't think about me, I think of those kids who are upstairs battling Cancer. I remember their strength and how sweet of spirits they are. I just don't know what my life would be, with out strong examples like these kids.
This has been on my mind since May. I've started to realize how strong of a love I really have for these kids, and their strength. I hope that I will be able to show that love, in one form or another.
Chase, Jack, Taleah, Brooks, you are all amazing examples to the people around you! Stay strong, I love you!
Love,
Chelsey

No comments: