Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11th 2001

It's so crazy that it's been ten years since the attack of 9/11. It was the second attack that has ever happened on US soil. I was only five when it happened, but I remember a little bit. I remember that the night before, sydnee was in her tan jammies and was crawling around my parents' bedroom. When I woke up the next morning I got ready for kindergarten and then I went into my mom's room. My mom was watching the t.v. With her hands over her mouth, just shaking her head, no. I then looked at the t.v. And saw the second airplane crash into the second tower. As a five year old, I didn't really understand what was going on. I knew enough to know that something was wrong, and it scared me. I cried as I watched the footage of the airplanes crash, over and over again. I remember going to school and telling my teacher: "this morning two airplanes crashed into the twin towers." she just looked at me and said: "I know, and it was so sad wasn't it." all I did was nod my head, then I went back to my table and colored a picture of the American Flag. For days after that, the only thing we listened to on the radio was reports on the progress the firemen and police officers were making. I hated listening to it, all I heard was static, and voices through the thick smoke. It made me feel scared, and worried for all of the people in New York.
It was one of the darkest days in United States' history. It's a day that I will always remember. I was very young and I don't remember everything, but I am thankful that I remember some things.

No comments: