As you probably know, last year, the National Junior Honor Society was able to fund a wish for a three-year old little boy who is so bravely battling Leukemia. That was one of the best experiences of my life! I loved getting to meet Chase and his incredible family! I really want to do a project like this again, I've just been so busy, that I haven't had a split second to even begin to put a group together, or call up to Make-A-Wish or anything like that... but I'm planning on doing this again... for sure!
Today in math my friend, Gentrie was talking about a project that one of the clubs at the school is doing... guess what, they're going to be funding a wish through the Make-A-Wish foundation!!! I almost jumped out of my seat (I'm surprised I didn't, because I had just drank a natural energy drink that I had gotten at drill, and let me tell you, that had something weird in it... I'm not sure what, but I have never been that hyper, in my entire life!) Anyway, back on subject, Gentrie was talking about this club, and of course, when I hear Make-A-Wish, I'm definitely interested. I started talking about how much I love that organization, and how I had just worked with them and granted a wish for the cutest little boy in the world.
I then tell her that I was a wish child back in 2006. Gentrie is amazing! I don't know all of the details, but she has a lot of the same health problems that I do. She doesn't have Cystic Fibrosis, but she was in the hospital for quite a long time. She and I have talked about all kinds of medical stuff that only people who have been in the hospital with a serious illness know about. I really like Gentrie she's on the cheerleading squad, and I feel like I can relate to her. She had a wish granted in January. She got to go on the biggest ship in the world, and meet Taylor Swift! What an awesome wish!!! I love being able to talk to her about stuff like medicine and wishes and things that you can inlybfully understand, if you've been there.
I got thinking, I love Make-A-Wish! What they do is truly amazing! I loved getting to fund that wish for Chase! I can't wait to see what miracles take place with Make-A-Wish! It truly is something incredible!
No comments:
Post a Comment