Saturday, September 11, 2010

9/11

I can't believe that it's been nine years since 9/11! Since today is September 11th, I want to write a post about what I remember from that day. I was five years old (almost six). My little sister, Sydnee had just learned to crawl, or walk. I can't remember that very well, but I know that she learned something like that.   
I was getting ready for kindergarten, I had on a cute outfit, and I wanted to talk to my mom. I went into her bedroom, she was sitting on her bed, watching something on the T.V., and she had her mouth covered and was gasping in disbelief. I looked at the T.V. wondering what she was so worried about, an I saw an airplane crashing into a building. I didn't really understand what was really going on, until a few years later. To a five-year old, something like 9/11 is unreal, and doesn't really seem to be happening. I do believe that America changed that day.

No comments: