Monday, October 10, 2011

A Happy Thought

Today has been one of those really long days. It wasn't all bad, just long. School was alright... As good as it can get on a Monday... Minus drama and ignorant friends, but I don't want to get into that.
Lately I've tried so hard to look at the bright side of things, it has given me a new perspective but it's definitely not easy sometimes. I figure, for every negative thought, there has to be at least five positive thoughts. For example: homework, it's a pain and everybody could live without it: 1. At least fall break is in two days 2. I don't get homework from every class every night 3. At least I'm not the teacher who has to grade everybody's papers 4. I have two nights to get it done, so I don't have to overly stress (unless of course I have procrastinated) 5. Once I'm done, I'm done. I dint have to worry bout it anymore.
Another example: chemistry stinks and it's my least favorite class: 1. I don't have an F in the class, at least I'm passing with an A- 2. I have friends in the class 3. Umm... Okay chemistry was a weak example, but it is chemistry, something I'll probably never again use after this year (hallelujah!)
But you get the jist of it right?
Being more positive really has made high school a little more tolerable. Right now, i've got a ton going on. I have a lot on my mind, and believe me, I have those moments when I just want to break down, but being positive really has helped so much!

No comments: