When a school dance comes about, it seems like there's nothing but drama drama drama. It was like this for the homecoming dance, and Sadies is just around the corner. High school is a whole new world, something completely different than middle school. I wish I was old enough to go to Sadies, because I know exactly who I would ask, but of course I'm not 16 for two more months. It turns out that my really good friend from drill likes the guy who I would ask, and so she wanted to ask him, and I was encouraging it, because he is a super sweet guy, who I've known forever, and I know that they would have a great time together. My friend was texting me, asking if it would be weird if she asked him because she doesn't know him all that well. I told her she should ask him, that they would have a great time together. The next text i get is this: I just found out that my friend is going to ask him...... I wasn't exactly happy about this, for one, I kind of like him, and for another, I wanted her to go with him. Anyhow she quickly got over it and she suggested another guy that she could go with, and she asked me to ask him if he had already been asked to Sadies. I aske him and he said that he hasn't been asked, and she was all excited. Not even five minutes later, he texts me: I just got asked. Seriously?!?!? That was frustrating, and I felt so bad for her, even though she was super sweet and completely okay with it. I think I was more upset about it than she was, but I guess that's just how it goes sometimes right?
I already mentioned that I'm not going to Sadies because I'm still only 15. Well there was this guy who wanted to ask me to homecoming, but I couldn't go, because of my age. I was flattered, but I didn't think of this guy as a boyfriend or even a crush, he's always been just a friend and that's how i want it to stay. On Saturday night, I went to the corn maze with my sister and he and his friend were there. We went through the haunted corn maze and I'm not going to lie, it was very cheesy. There really wasn't anything scary... Well except for the fact that this guy was holding my hand and wouldn't let go... That really freaked me out. He hasn't left me alone since, and to top it all off, the friend who was there with him has started texting me too. I don't even know how he got my number... He's a really nice guy, but I really don't want a boyfriend right now. If someone like Scotty McCreery were to come and ask me out, there's a different story :) but that's not very likely :) i guess I'm kind of enjoying the attention, but I am definitely not used to that.....
Going to high school is like being on another planet, it's crazy... But I'm in love with this new school and transition... I think
No comments:
Post a Comment